Book Me for Your Conference or Class!
Lectures and Trunk Shows
1. NEW! Small Talk- Let’s talk about small quilts! My latest trunk show will walk through several categories of small quilts and projects that are both enjoyable to see and fun to hear about. Believe it or not, every quilt does not have to be bed-sized! I will share why I love small quilts and, hopefully, I’ll convince you to try some of the new techniques and great projects that can be finished in a much shorter amount of time. Instant gratification? Yes, please!!!
2. Let’s Talk About Collage- Are you interested in quilt collages, but have no idea where to start? I have a short PowerPoint presentation discussing three popular collage quilt artists, their methods, and the one I prefer. I follow the PowerPoint with an actual trunk show of collages I have made and a discussion of materials and methods needed to create your own collage.
3. My Quilting Journey and the Evolution of an Industry– I’ve been quilting since the early ’90s, and I’ve seen a lot of trends come and go. I’ve also seen an explosion of new tools and methods to make quilting easier than it’s ever been. Walk my quilting road with me through a trunk show of my quilts, focusing on my journey from a novice to a professional quilter.
4. Color: Think Outside the Box– Does color seem to be a mystery to you? Do you just need some ideas to take your quilts from snooze to WOW! I’m your girl! There are many ways to punch up your quilts, and to choose colors in a way that brings energy and beauty to your work without being so busy that your eye has no place to rest. I’ll talk you through the process using my own quilts as examples of what to do (and sometimes what NOT to do!)
5. Adventures with Rulers and Specialty Tools– As the daughter of a quilt shop owner, I have taught so many classes using rulers and specialty tools! When a new ruler or tool comes out, it is often my job to figure out how to use it and then share that knowledge with others. I’d love to share all my quilts that have been made over the years with those tools, and give you an insider’s look at whether or not I’d buy them again!
6. Let’s Get Scrappy– Do scrap quilts confuse you? Do you look at some scrap quilts and think, “That’s gorgeous!” and look at others and think “wow, that is TOO busy!” Let me help you solve the mystery of scrap quilts and what makes the difference between attractive quilts and muddled messes.
7. One Block Wonder– Would you like to know how to use one fabric to create an entire quilt? One Block Wonder is all the rage right now, and it is a fun, simple technique! I’d love to teach you all there is to know about creating a One Block Wonder (or a Four Patch Posy Stack and Whack) quilt. It’s as simple as 6 repeats of a great fabric, a straight ruler, flat head flower pins, and a 60 degree ruler. Leave the rest up to me, and I will have you “stacking and whacking” in just one day!
8. Organize your Space– I have been crazy about organizing my entire life, and I love to help others get more organized. Join me with my new PowerPoint presentation on how to organize your sewing space in a way that will help you work faster and more efficiently. I’ll help you create systems that will work to tame the clutter, and organize your things in a way that makes sense and is easy to maintain. Most importantly, I’ll show you how Mari Kondo’s methods of “tidying” will help you get on top of your stash and be able to use it rather than simply accumulating an ever-increasing and unused “collection” of fabrics!
Workshops and Classes
- Beginning Longarm: Free-motion Quilting from the Front!
- Advanced Longarm: Feathers, Ruler Work, Background Fills
- Beginner Piecing: Let’s get Accurate Results! In order to be a good quilter, you must learn best practices. Sandi has 31 years of quilting experience, and she will teach you how to Square, Measure, Cut, Piece, Press, and create the most accurate patchwork possible in this one day class.
- String Quilts Revisited: New ways to piece with strings will be explored and includes ways to use panels, specialty rulers, precuts, and foundation piecing to make interesting and unique projects.
- Collage Craze: Stretch your creativity using the Laura Heine collage method in either a one day (with pre-class prep) or a two day class! Participants will learn not only Laura Heine’s methods, but also will learn short cuts and methods of other well know collage quilters for unique results.
- Perfect Peels: Learn several possible sizes and applications for the simple orange peel shape! Just two charm packs and a half-day are enough fabric and time to make a simple orange peel table topper or runner. Simple piecing skills required. You will learn fusible applique, as well as other ways to use this versatile shape in the class.
- Pick a Ruler: Your group can choose just about any specialty ruler, and I have probably taught a class on it.
- Pick a Technique: I have also taught quite a few classes on a variety of techniques over the years. Your group can choose what you want to learn, and I will do the class for you!
- Vintage Windmills-This one day class using Krista Moser’s pattern and the Creative Grids Small Diamond Ruler will teach you how to create a stunning quilt that looks difficult but is strip pieced and so fun!
- Bumblebee Blossoms– This two day class with Krista Moser’s pattern and the Creative Grids Large Diamond Ruler will teach participants everything they need to know to finish this quilt including how to use the ruler to make triangles, trapezoids, paralleligrams, and how to sew accurate strip sets for best results.
- Eleanor Burns’ Diamond Log Cabin-Using Eleanor’s book and the Creative Grids Large Diamond Ruler, participants will learn how to piece and trim 1 1/2″ strips to create a beautiful hexagon table topper, lap quilt, or tree skirt.
- Beginning Embroidery Stitching for Wool Applique’-This half day class will teach you some basic teachnique’s for wool applique using the Sue Spargo methods for success. Students must have Sue Spargo’s Creative Stitching 2 book, and basic supplies to take the class.
Upcoming Speaking Events
October 6- “Small Talk” lecture and trunk show at the Hastings, NE quilt guild meeting in Hastings. Check with the guild for details of time and place.
October 8- Beginning Embroidery and Stitching for Wool Applique’ at Threads in Kearney, NE starting at 9:30 am
October 29- Learn to Collage my way combining methods from Laura Heine and other well known collage artists. I’ll make it fast, fun, and easy enough that you will nearly complete a small collage in class, and will leave with the skills to do any collage pattern you desire. The Quilt Basket in York, NE 9:30 a.m. Call the Quilt Basket to register and get your class materials.
November 10- Farmgirls Exchange Group (a small group that I put together) will be speaking at the Prairie Pioneer Quilters in Grand Island at 7. Non-members are welcome to attend one meeting without joining, so if you would like to see what my group has been up to for the past few years, come be our guest!
June 2-3- Teach and Speak in McCook, NE.
LTD Quilting has been in business since 2009. I’ve quilted well over 1,000 quilts for customers over the years in all types of designs and styles. All my quilting is free-motion, hand-guided quilting. There is no computer on my machine. Each design is organic and chosen as a collaboration between the piecer and the quilter. I have a passion for enhancing the quilt in a price range that is comfortable for the customer and mutually agreed up ahead of time.
Budget-Friendly: Large All-over Meander: $.015 per square inch (minimum $25). Simple All-over Design Quilting with One separate border or a minimal amount of embellishment in some areas: $.0175 per square inch (minimum $25) Repetitive patterns covering entire quilt, edge to edge.
Semi-Custom Quilting: $.025 per square inch (minimum $50) more than one separate border design, minimal ruler work, the serpentine line to secure block and border edges (NO stitch in the ditch is included with this price).
Custom Quilting: $.0275-$.049 per square inch (minimum $75) Includes many different types of quilting: stitch-in-the-ditch, any size meandering, feathers, sashing designs, multiple border patterns, inset blocks, echo quilting, use of stencils, and background fills.
Heirloom & Show Quilting: $.05 and up (minimum $150) extra attention to all the details include stitch in the ditch, multiple designs in blocks and borders, heavy ruler work and background fills, possible multiple thread changes…the main difference between this and regular custom is buried stops and starts, heavier quilting in all areas of the quilt, tighter fills and no area untouched by quilting.
Press quilt top and/or backing: $10
Square quilt top and/or backing: $5
Make and sew the binding to quilt by machine only: $25 small, $30 medium, $35 large
Piece backing: $5 per seam.
Actual shipping charges apply. I only use USPS because that’s all we have in town. Please indicate the amount of insurance you desire. All shipping costs will be added to the invoice.
Hobbs quality batting in 80 cotton/20 poly at $9.99 per yard for 96” and $10.99 per yard for 108”. It is available in off white, bleached white, and black.
Any other type of batting, I purchase at market price from the Quilters Cottage in Kearney, NE, and have you send them a check right away. They have 100% cotton batting available at 120” wide.
Specially ordered batting (bamboo, silk, wool) pricing includes the price (and shipping).
Thread Fees: (Includes a new needle for each quilt.)
Small quilt: $5, Medium quilt: $10, Large quilt: $12.50 and up depending on the type of quilting used.
Want me to speak at your event, or to help with a custom order? Just want to connect about quilting? Great! Send me a message using the form below?